Wellness begins with what you put on your plate. There’s no doubt that reducing your intake of animal products and embracing a diet rich in plants is one of the best things you can do for your health and for the environment. Transitioning away from processed foods and adopting a more plant-based way of life can make dramatic improvements to your health and overall well-being.
Feeling more energized and alert is just one selling point to eating more plants. The advantages of embracing a plant-based lifestyle are extensive, not only for your own health but also for the health of the planet. Below are some note-worthy benefits worth mentioning.
Eating plant-based helps your body:
- protect against cancer
- helps with weight loss
- improves cardiovascular health
- aids the body in detoxification
- eases joint paint and inflammation
- boosts memory and cognitive function
- improves skin clarity to help you get that glow
Eating plant-based helps the planet:
- conserve water (It takes about 460 gallons of water to produce just one quarter pound hamburger)
- cuts greenhouse gas emission
- helps to prevent marine life destruction
- helps stop deforestation (Animal agriculture is responsible for 91% of Amazon destruction)
If you're looking to boost your health and also reduce your carbon footprint, adopting a plant-based approach to your plate is the most impactful choice you can make as a conscious consumer. Your digestion will likely improve, your skin will start glowing, and your total energy will increase due to the nutrient-dense attributes and high quality of the foods being consumed.
Without further ado, we've rounded up some of our favorite plant-based recipes to get you excited about incorporating more plants into your daily diet.